Our client is looking for an IT officer to (1) manage & support the IT Environment in MS UK that would effectively provide business value and conforms to Business Technology standards and Policies.
(2) Principle Accountabilities Describe the key activities that you are expected to achieve. Start with the most important Outcomes/ deliverables targeted Accountability Supporting Activities
Outcomes / deliverables
Provide IT Implementation & Support to the UK business
• Implementation of IT initiatives
• End User IT Support
• Completion of IT initiatives that increases business value
• Improved business productivity with usage of IT Tools
Driving IT operations and initiatives to conform to approved Enterprise Architecture models and Group Technology processes, standards and best practices.
• Constant communication with Group Technology sections to ensure conformance.
• Identification and remediation of gaps.
• MSUK IT processes that conforms to Group Technology Standards
Identify, centralise & drive the implementation of common technologies and resources within Group Technology
• Implement common tools used by Group Technology
• Centralise and leverage on Group Technology support and infrastructure resources wherever possible / feasible.
• Reduced duplication of technologies
• Reduced cost of maintenance
• Larger pool of support SME
Ensure adoption and adherence to Group IT Security Standards
• Periodic assessment on all components to ensure conformance with the lasts standards.
• Collaborate with Group IT Security SME for urgent and adhoc assessments and remediation
• Systems conforms to all Group IT Security standards.
Tracking and remediating Technology risk mitigation actions and Audit findings
• Coordinate responses to RFI
• Track & drive the completion of technology Risk Mitigation and Audit remediation tasks.
• Timely audit responses, remediations and technology risk mitigations actions.
• Optimization of current cost
• Ensuring delivery of initiatives meets ROI and is within timeline.
• Management of Business users
• Management of inter-working between in-country IT & Group Technology
Business Process and Initiatives:
• Adherence to Policies, standards and processes set by Group Technology
• Training and improvise skills for technical IT knowledge
4) Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information technology or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an IT Support / IT Project / IT Security environments
- Previous experience in a Banking or Stock Broking environment would be an added advantage.
- Intermediate knowledge on at least 3 of the following area – IT Security, IT Support & Operations, IT Risk, IT Audit, IT Service Level Management.
- Ability to keep track and close follow-up on outstanding tasks and updates.
- Ability to communicate and work well with people outside of UK on different cultures and time zones head office in APAC
- Focused on objective at hand and able to work independently without much supervision.
- Proactive in identifying solutions and areas of improvement.