Our client a large Commodities trading firm are seeking a Full stack Developer as part of their expanding development team in London.
- Experienced developer (around 5 years development experience) with a record of delivering robust enterprise-wide solutions utilising industry standard practices
- Design and develop applications using agreed coding standards and quality targets.
- Liaise with immediate scrum team, other scrum/project teams, line manager and development leads to ensure accurate and complete delivery.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of software development best practices within IT.
- Support and mentor other developers in all areas of the development lifecycle.
- Provide regular status updates, reflecting individual progress against the development schedule.
KEY COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
Expertise of web front-end and back-end development to include most of the following:
- Rest API’s incorporated with SQL Server or Sybase DB
- Angular 6+
- Typescript, ES6, HTML5, CSS3
- RxJS, observers and observables
- Webpack, Karma, Jasmine, Protractor, Selenium
- Svn, Jira, Crucible, Confluence
- Angular CLI
- DevExreme UI library
Demonstrate a good understanding of:
Expertise in all areas of the development life cycle to include:
Functional requirements and system design specifications Test case preparation and execution Setup of development environments to include source code and version control Software build procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Sound experience of designing and developing applications both individually and as part of a team
- Knowledge of a commodity or financial trading environment useful but not a pre-requisite
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to develop innovative solutions to technical problems
- Ability to coach and mentor peers within the scrum team
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Educated to Degree-level (or equivalent), as a minimum requirement