As part of our clients expanding development team we are seeking an experienced C# Developer. Knowledge of Commodities trading would be advantageous for this role.
- Design and develop applications using agreed coding standards and quality targets.
- Liaise with immediate scrum team, other scrum/project teams, line manager and development leads to ensure accurate and complete delivery.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of software development best practices within IT.
- Support and mentor other developers in all areas of the development lifecycle.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required from time to time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive experience of designing and developing applications both individually and as part of a team
- Extensive knowledge of commodity or financial trading domains (Not equities)
- Evidence of direct interaction with a Trading Exchange or processing feeds from a Trading Exchange is preferred
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to develop innovative solutions to technical problems
- Ability to coach and mentor peers within the scrum team
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Educated to Degree-level (or equivalent), as a minimum requirement
KEY COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
Expertise of back-end development to include most of the following:
- Rest API’s incorporated with SQL Server or Sybase DB
- DB Tech to include Sybase IQ
- Webpack, Karma, Jasmine, Protractor, Selenium
- Svn, Jira, Crucible, Confluence
Demonstrate a good understanding of:
- API Design and development fundamentals
- API testing using tools such as Swagger
- Good SQL/Sybase knowledge
Expertise in all areas of the development life cycle to include:
- Functional requirements and system design specifications
- Test case preparation and execution
- Setup of development environments to include source code and version control
- Software build procedures