Our client a large global brokerage firm are seeking a Analytics Developer to join their big data team in London.
This is an Analytics Developer role in our clients Big Data team. Their vision is to democratise big data and analytics across the business, allowing users to understand performance or create meaningful insights in a timely and user-friendly manner, whether it be connecting to our Hadoop Data Platform via APIs, Python or SQL, or using enterprise analytics platforms such as Qlik or Tableau. The stack is used to consume, enrich, and report low latency Order and Trade data from all front and middle office platforms. It delivers reporting for our external clients, as well as internal clients such as regulatory and compliance, and supports various front-office analytics solutions.
The team supports a range of technologies, including the Hadoop Data Platform, QlikView/Tableau as well as Airflow, Flink, Kafka, Redis, Elastic, Kibana and Postgres. The candidate will be a self-starter, an effective communicator and be able to work with product owners and users across the business including our market data team, regulatory and surveillance teams, as well as front office teams. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and support an enterprise Analytics platform using Qlik and Tableau, while working with leading big data technologies and developing your programming skills in Python, Java and SQL.
- Develop and support existing QlikView, QlikSense and nPrint applications
- Facilitate the migration of Qlik applications to strategic tools, including Tableau
- Assist in Data Engineering tasks using Java, Python (PySpark, PyFlink) and SQL
- Work in partnership with the business to define detailed Analytics requirements
- Design and implement end-to-end analytics solutions from conception, data acquisition, modelling, data integration and Analytics output:
- To liaise with other development teams as necessary to implement cross-team projects
- Be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm
To undertake and manage:
- Systems analysis and design
- Systems development
- Systems documentation
- Production support and out-of-hours system maintenance
Skills / experience required:
- Experience developing in Java or Python
- Ability to write SQL statements, including Analytics functions
- Exposure to and understanding of key RDBMS concepts
- Experience delivering multiple Reporting requirements using one or many of the named technologies, or an equivalent technology e.g. Python, SQL, Tableau.
- Experience working with enterprise analytics tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik etc is advantageous
- Working under pressure in a fast-paced business environment with large, complex data sets
- Willingness to learn new technologies and keep up-to-date with trends and proactively identifying areas into which they can be applied
- Understanding of Hadoop HDFS, Spark and Hive
- Flink, Airflow, Elastic, Kibana, Ansible, Linux, Docker, Maven, Jenkins
- Experience working with ETLs and Data Integration strategies
- Batch processing, scheduling, orchestration and monitoring
- Data modelling and schema design; RDBMS, JSON Schema Design
Additional Skills / experience:
- Experience of software development in a financial services environment advantageous
- Experienced designing database schemas, performance tuning and querying large data stores.
- Solid Numerate Degree and/or demonstrable professional experience
- Team player with excellent inter-personal skills and confident communication skills.
- Must be proactive in generating ideas and effective at developing solutions that are balanced, proportionate and effective. It is critical that this is achieved in collaboration with the global team.
- Ability to work and function under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and shifting priorities
- “Self-starter” always looking to improve quality of process and deliverables and keen to take a lead role in that process