Our client a well capitalised fintech start-up is recruiting for a or an experienced data engineer to join their clients investment team in Dubai.
We are looking for someone who will create data infrastructures and analytics to support the investment team in research, risk management and portfolio management. If you have excellent problem-solving skills, have passion for data and willing to develop your career in the investment management & family office industry, this role is for you!
The candidate should strive in constantly identifying new sources of data and aligning data systems for business needs. They should be committed to providing detail-oriented and showcase a proactive attitude to learn.
Our client is a technology powered, digital family office for the HNW population. Focused on alternative asset investing, it allows HNWIs to invest like institutions & billionaires to generate superior returns with better diversification. As a technology company aimed at the mass HNW market ($2T+ in UAE alone and over $100T globally), they scale significantly faster than traditional asset managers with data and technology at the center to create cutting edge investment products.
- Analyse & organize huge raw data volumes
- Build data infrastructures and pipelines
- Evaluate investment team needs and objectives
- Conduct complex data analyses and report on results
- Prepare data for descriptive and predictive modelling
- Combine raw information from different data sources
- Explore and develop ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify new opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and dashboards
- Maintain integrity of development practices, code quality, and consistency
- Document infrastructure specifications and architectural decisions
- Work alongside investment manager to improve investment research pipeline.
What we look for
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Self-motivation and proactive behavior.
- High adaptability to different task needs
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
What we offer
- Competitive cash + stock compensation
- Opportunities for cross functional learning
- Quarterly evaluations with a culture of meritocracy
- Opportunity to work directly with founders and leadership
- Fee free investment into the fund
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic credentials, preferably in Computer Science or relevant field
- Previous experience as a data engineer or software engineer
- Experience architecting large software systems in production environments
- Expertise in database tools, data ingestion and data warehousing
- Expertise with data visualisation
- Previous experience in developing workflows on Gitlab
- Technical expert with Python (must) and Linux
- Extensive experience working with SQL and No-SQL-based database for large datasets
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Previous experience in hedge fund is a plus