Our client a well established commodity trading firm is seeking to recruit a Market Data Analyst in London.
A data analyst from the market data team enables the company to deliver reliable Market Data services aligned with Quality key deliverables such as curve governance, validation, and reference and master data consolidation. Manages timelines for new data requirements and acts as the single point of contact to ensure that all market data deliverables are met, securing adequacy of the business-as-usual data consumption for the end consumers.
In detail, the position encompasses duties and responsibilities as follows:
- Develop and maintain Data Quality Controls
- Collaborates with Risk Managers to streamline Validation processes
- Perform key control and risk management functions for trade pricing and valuation.
- Provide Operational support to the business on market data
- Developing and maintaining Reference data and Metadata. Creating and managing terminology, valid data and values.
- Accountable for all regular Data Management deliverables as per the established timeline; reviewing the output to ensure the highest delivery quality, while adjusting the workload.
- Coordinates the onboarding of new data sources and processors and applies corrective interventions where necessary.
- Analyses the data incidence backlog to identify the admin items that consume most of the capacity and evaluate its feasibility to provide productivity by automation.
- Implement and steward the market data curve’s governance.
- Work with Data Management engineers to identify opportunities for process efficiencies and monitoring.
- Liaise with Data Manager engineers to transfer the monitoring of new data services/products to the Client response team. Feedback constructively on relevant issues and initiate process review as appropriate.
- Ensures service and quality meet agreed upon risk specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate Inventory management system
- ideal candidate disposes of:
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge on Anomaly detection and quality controls algorithms
- Time management skills and ability to adhere to project productivity metrics and timelines
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Well-honed listening skills, allowing you to draw understanding of internal client needs
- Self-organised, creating and maintaining precise and clear documentation, maintaining and developing further the Reference data and business glossary to keep them consistent
- Knowledge of how financial and physical instruments are priced. Knowledge of commodities is a plus
- Knowledge of Market Data providers – such as Bloomberg, Refinitiv, CME, …
- Experience in analysing, modelling, and interpreting large datasets and to present the data in a meaningful manner
- Experience working in the financial industry or other regulated environment preferred
- Solid Knowledge of Excel
- Extensive experience with issue tracking software (JIRA, Azure DevOps, TFS,…)
- Strong knowledge of python and SQL.
- Experience of Enterprise Data Management systems and their application in organisations